Sunday, January 25, 2015

Seducuing Destiny - Review






Author: Amelia Hutchins
Publication Date: January 20, 2015

Publisher: Self Publication
Series: The Fae Chronicles
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Erotica
Age Recommendation: 18 and up

Rating: 4 Stars


Book Description

Less than six months ago my life was twisted and flipped on its side. Things have changed so much I barely recognize myself anymore.

I am no longer an Enforcer.

I am no longer a Witch.

I no longer hate the Fae. (For the most part)

And the sex-on-a-stick-gorgeous-Fae? He isn't really the Dark Prince.

No, he is the father of my children and with the babies on the way, the land dying and the Mages closing in; alliances will have to be formed if we are all to make it through the war that is coming to our front door.

Between warring Gods and Goddesses, how are any of us supposed to win?


My Review: 

What to say, what to say, what to say?  As usual Amelia Hutchins jam packs her books with so many twists and turns that you can't stop reading, but at the same time I can barely tell you anything because I will give it all away.  

I love the relationship that is developing between Synthia and Ryder, it feels like they are finally coming into their own and I hope that we will get to see more of them growing together as a couple in the future.  Ryder completely stole my heart this book.  I have always been a fan, but seriously this guy (ahem, fairy) just gets more amazing each book.  

Ristan, oh my sweet fun happy Demon.  My heart just ached for him so hard in this book.  He's always been such the happy, sarcastic, dangerous, sexy presence and to see his pain this book, to see him broken and hurt was so hard for me to 'watch'.  I am so anxious to see how his story plays out and how Olivia factors into all of it. 

My only complaint is that I feel like I need a listing in the back of the book to remind myself who everyone is, what caste they come from, if they are Fae, Demon, Angel, Human, Mage, Witch, etc.  I am loving all the new people introduced and can't wait to see how things play out with therm as the books and the spin-offs go on, but keeping a running track of who is who can get a bit difficult.  
  
Keep in mind this book has a warning on it's first pages for a reason, the sex scenes can be intense and you need to keep an open mind, but you can't help but fall in love with these characters and this action packed ride they take you on.  

As a side note if you are at all into following along with a Role Play group on Facebook Amelia has an amazing page for The Fae Chronicles to help keep you going in between books.  Whoever the role players are they do a fabulous job of sticking to the story lines but keeping the action going and are wonderfully interactive.  




Amelia lives in the great Pacific Northwest with her family. When not writing, she loves everything paranormal and everything romance.
The Fae Chronicles is Amelia's debut series, and there are at least five books planned for Synthia and Ryder.
Reading order:
Fighting Destiny
Taunting Destiny
Escaping Destiny
Seducing Destiny

Other series: 

 Darkest Before Dawn 




 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's a great Paranormal Read and it just gets better with every book!

      Delete
  2. Wow, this sounds good! I am adding it to my TBR, called Mt Vesuvius!!!

    ReplyDelete