Wednesday, March 12, 2014

See Me! Read Me! Love me!



Author: Wendy Higgins
Publication Date: March 17, 2014
Publisher: Wendy Higgins
Genre:  Young Adult, Fantasy
Age Recommendation: 14 and up
Rating: 5 Stars

Book Description:

While most seventeen-year-old American girls would refuse to let their parents marry them off to a stranger, Robyn Mason dreams of the mysterious McKale in Ireland, wondering how he’ll look and imagining his cute Irish accent. Prearranged bindings are common for magical families like her own, however when she travels to the whimsical Emerald Isle she discovers there’s more to her betrothal and McKale’s clan than she was led to believe.

What starts as an obligatory pairing between Robyn and McKale morphs over time into something they both need. But one giant obstacle stands in the way of their budding romance: a seductive and deadly Fae princess accustomed to getting what she wants—and what she wants is McKale as her plaything. Love, desire, and jealousies collide as Robyn’s family and McKale’s clan must work together to outsmart the powerful Faeries and preserve the only hope left for their people.



I am extremely luck that I was given an e-ARC of See me From Mrs. Higgins, yeah I pretty much did a jig (no really) when it showed up.  I loved Sweet Evil and Sweet Peril and am pretty much dying to get my hands on Sweet Reckoning so as soon as I heard she would be publishing this one it went on the top of my TBR list.

Ok so....I chewed my lip through the prologue and part of the first chapter, wondering if I was going to hate this book and how on earth would I ever tell Wendy that.  Then I got to chapter two and laughed so hard I would have shot milk out my nose if I'd had any and my husband was looking at me like I was crazy, so of course I had to explain and even he giggled...so not kidding you!  From that moment on I was hooked and I didn't put the book down until I was finished at one in the morning!

What did I love about this book...so many things, lets talk about why I loved each of the main characters.

Robyn:  I loved that she didn't whine and complain.  I loved that she took her future in her hands, took it to heart and rather than try and find ways to escape it she embraced it.  She tried to always see the beauty in what life held for her, to find the positive, and fought to make things work for her and her family!  What I loved most about her was her hope, her hope that life could and would be good even through the most challenging moments, she may falter, but she finds her way back to the beauty of what life holds.

"All my life I'd stayed positive no matter what, knowing if I allowed negativity to invade it would take over like a weed." - Robyn 

Leon and Cecelia:  I loved that they simply loved each other.  They were not overly mushy (although I am sure Robyn and Cass might say differently) but it was clear in the way Wendy describes their looks to one another, the way they hold hands, and comfort each other that their love affair has not died and it is a beautiful thing to see in a young adult novel.  I love that they considered their daughters feelings, that they allowed them to make mistakes, and allowed them to grow.  I loved that even in times of frustration their love for their children never falters, there were no screaming matches, no hateful words.  They talked to their daughters, listened to them, and encouraged them to do their best in every situation.  The Mason parents represent what this family is all about in the end.  Respect.

"....wobbling on her way across the row to sit next to dad.  he watched, amused, and held out a hand to steady her until she snuggled up in the seat by his side.  He draped an arm across her and looked over at me with a question in his eyes. ...I gave him a nod; it would be useless for him to worry.  His half grin showed that he appreciated my strong act, even though he could see through it.  Dad lifted the magazine again and stroked mom's hair."  -Robyn


Cas:  Oh sweet Cas.  I loved her humor. 

"Gee," Cassidy whispered to me.  "He got all weird about being called tall?  That's kinda....sad.  Mayne he's like Rudolph or something.  I bet he can't join in any Leprechaun games." -Cass

 I loved her romantic heart.  I loved how much she adored her sister.  Even through painfully moments, I just loved watching her grow.  

McKale:  Uhhhhhh.....What's not to love?  Sweet, shy, loving, a bit of a bad boy hidden underneath it all, with an adorable accent to boot!  I mean come on!  I will admit to a time or two wanting to shake him senseless, but like Robyn I tried to see the truth in things and sweet dear McKale redeemed himself every time.   

"I liked when he really looked at me, as if he didn't want to stare but his eyes would get stuck against his will.  When he became aware he tore his gaze away ans scratched his cheek self-consciously." -Robyn

And Rock...Oh those Clour boys.  We need an entire 12 book series for them, Rock most of all.  He's spirited, fun loving, yes a bit of self serving, but how he shines in the end.  You just want to pretend to be Wendy Darling from Peter Pan a while and take care of these lost boys!  Please Wendy, please tell me we will have a Happily ever after for Rock!  


This book is simply sweet, it is a truly lovely read that will lift your spirits and heart.  Wendy pulls you into this world of Fae, Leprechauns, magical humans, and the beauty of Ireland so easily.  You'll feel like you are right there in the story, one of the lucky few who get to watch as love unfolds, you will sense everything down to the smallest flutter of a butterflies wings born on the laughter of the Summer King, and you will walk away knowing you witnessed something magical.  This is a definite read...the more I think on it the more I love it and I think that you will too.

You can buy it here and don't forget to add it to your TBR!

http://www.amazon.com/See-Me-Wendy-Higgins-ebook/dp/B00J1PEW8Q/ref=sr_1_6?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1395057187&sr=1-6&keywords=wendy+higgins

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/see-me-wendy-higgins/1118920844?ean=2940149249305

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18162472-see-me?from_search=true


 



No comments:

Post a Comment